Monday, August 3, 2015

Hand-Painted Doc Martens

  Hand-Painted Doc Martens for My Daughter



 My fun weekend project brought me back to the good old days of designing hand-painted clothing for boutiques on trendy Melrose Avenue and in posh Beverly Hills. Ari my daughter, has been bugging me to paint some Hippie Fun Flowers on her Docs this Summer.

So I had her choose her colors and went with it. I first made some stencil patterns to figure out the placement. I then traced with a paint marker. Then, I painted with fabric paint a couple white undercoats since the leather is dark and black. My daughter chose Neon shades for the flowers. I think the boots look really fun and cute. Very feminine for Doc Martens!  I will post another photo
later of my happy daughter. :-)

XO,
Nina
      

The process:
Stencils


White undercoats

Neon Paint 

Custom Hand-Painted Docs for Ari


No comments:

Post a Comment